Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

So we hung out at home this year, and my great aunt and uncle came out to have a nice dinner with us. Mary was havin' a great time.





This was a pilgrim hat- thanks for the idea Kena! My kids loved it... although they ate them before dinner instead of after. And sorry it's so out of focus- I'm feelin' pretty lazy today.



Here was our table... nothing spectacular... but it was a pretty big deal around here. Real plates!


My husband loves the rotisserie and so we did the ham in it this year. Mmmmm... So good.... We had a turkey, too, that turned out really well. Lots of leftovers! Oh- and I never thought anyone could ever mess up Stovetop Stuffing... well now I know. I remember thinkin' to myself, "Measure the water?? No big deal!" So we had Stuffing Soup. I wouldn't recommend it.
All and all we had a great relaxing day. We missed our families, but we're glad Thel and Jewel could come out and share it with us!
I hope everyone had a great day!!

3 joe-cool comments:

Lyndee W. said...

LOL! That's totally what would happen to me if I attempted to cook Thanksgiving dinner. I'm totally intimidated by anyone who accomplishes this amazing feat. Kudos to you, Julz! You rock!

Erick and Janette said...

Stuffing soup? HUH, new tradition in the Clemens home? Well, everyone has to make a mistake with an "easy" dish. I ruined no bake cookies! Turns out you CAN burn no bake cookies!!
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Momma Dil said...

Do tell...what are the pilgrim hats made out of???