Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Gotta Love Halloween!!


Isn't he the most handsome scarecrow?? I totally fell for this costume!!

Halloween is also Nevada Day out here, so they never have school on the 31st. So the day before they got to wear orange and black to school. They were so excited to have orange hair!



Ty was a Spiderman- not his first choice, but he was still excited. He ended up not wearing that mask for very long- he couldn't breathe. Mary was furious that I made her wear tights and a shirt underneath her pretty princess dress. A morality issue already??? I thought I had a few more years at least!! Anyway- she really put up a fight. It was like a 45 minute fight. She really tried to get that shirt off!





















Lucy was Tinkerbell- my friend Michelle bought her this when she was born. It's a 6 month costume, and she's 3 1/2 months. Last week when I tried it on her I told her that she couldn't gain ANY weight until after Halloween! We barely made it!! :) I have such a cute little chunk!!






Of course once Mary finally got out of the car and figured out that there was candy involved- she was totally over the shirt and tights thing. And of course all she had to do was turn on her charm and she was getting 3 or 4 pieces of candy at every house.



















Here's the West Family dressed up as Disney characters.










Here's all the kids we went with on Halloween night. We had a great time!!










13 joe-cool comments:

Marcus n McKenzie said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I'll have to agree with you. Karson was the most handsome scarecrow that night. His costume was so cute.

Lyndee W. said...

Oh Julie, Lucy is precious! Her little outfit is so dang cute! I agree with you about Karson's costume, it's totally cute...so is that Stitch costume! I have to ask...why was Ty Spider-man if he didn't want to be? BTW, thanks for guessing on my blog! You were the first to guess the song and artist correctly...of course, you knew that! Next week's will be harder.

Christy Smith said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys are doing so well! Lucy is so adorable and getting so chubby! And the boys are little studs. The one of Mary pulling off her costume is classic...what a cutie! I'm so jealous to see the weather there...it's snowing here! Take care!

Everitt's said...

We had a great time too! Loved Mary's face in the pics. How funny is that!? Thanks again for letting us tag-a-long!

Heather said...

Your kids are so cute! We didn't have any drama this year about modesty at my house. (Thank heavens!)

Lace said...

We love the orange hair! These are so fun to look at! I love the costumes. And little tinkerbell looks so cute! We need to see her again! She's growing too fast!

Jodi said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I have a tight fit every Sunday with Ari she just hates the way they fill.

Kristie V said...

:D Mary is so stinking cute she was probably like duh mom princesses do not wear shirt's under their dress!! I have the same issues with Anika. What has happened to our little girls :D?

Momma Dil said...

The kids look great! Mary cracks me up...I went through the same thing with Neva and getting her tutu on. I was starting to think I'd go crazy if we had to go to one more thing that she had to wear it to.

Shauna said...

that is just hillarious about Mary, you can't help but laugh looking at those pics...great to capture those moments too! :} And yes, Karson looks so cute...look at his precious smile in every picture too! I can't even believe how big lucy is all ready...crazy how fast they change! Isn't Halloween fun?!

Kellie Glade said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween! Your kids costumes are great. What a cute little Tinkerbell!

Erick and Janette said...

Way too cute costumes!! You guys look like you had a great time, once Mary got over the shirt and tights thing!!! I LOVE the Tinker Bell outfit!

christa said...

I love your costumes! Looks like you guys had a fun night! I seriously can't believe how big Lucy is already!!! She's ADORABLE!! And I don't know your sister very well, just what she looks like and I must say that Lucy looks a LOT like your sister!! But anyway :) We need to chat again soon!!
I miss you!!