Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What are the chances??

So yesterday I was driving out of our neighborhood to take Mary to an appointment, and wouldn't you know it... my van got hit with a golf ball!! Scared the tar out of me- and I had to swerve not to hit it again. It actually was pretty hilarious, but it really got me thinking. What are the chances of driving in that exact spot at that exact moment when someone would totally botch their swing? Have any of you been in the wrong place at exactly the right moment??

9 joe-cool comments:

Dave West said...

Always!
But I have been lucky enough to be in a few right places at the right moment too. I am happy with our current place. We have some cool friends.
...hey maybe i will introduce you to them sometime ;)

Lyndee W. said...

Heck ya! Did you see my post titled "Crunch"?! BTW, Lyle went to check on the progress and found out that the body shop started a fire in our dashboard! He seriously doesn't even want the Pilot anymore...who knows what else they did to it! Aren't they supposed to be FIXING my car?

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I've had two close calls while driving home! So if your van okay?

christa said...

That's awesome. I always flinch when I drive past golf courses for that very reason- now it's going to be even worse :) Glad you survived though :)

Tony said...

I'm pretty sure that either Me or our cousins or friends have been the cause of such misfortunes! I'm pretty sure it was me though. I suck at golf!

Jennifer said...

That is crazy!! I would have totally freaked out and had a hard time driving the rest of the way!! I'm glad you're ok and it didn't hit a window or something!

Erick and Janette said...

Done that way too many times to count. I'm always the one when a tire blows on the car infront of me, or when the car in front happens to run over a few rocks.... Especially plastic bags! There is always one waiting for me.

Shauna said...

Glad you didn't wreck the van!

Anonymous said...

Well, first I would have hit the floor, then caused an accident behind me, that I didn't see, because I swerved and almost hit someone head on....
Then, after I recovered from my heart pounding, still not noticing the pile of cars I left behind me, I would be 'feeling' something about either how stupid I was for driving right there at that moment, or surprised at myself for reacting so quickly and accurately so as not to hurt anyone else...(!???!) then I would pray for every golfer, every person who takes care of the courses, and every driver on the road that stretches from or attaches to the road I am on, then link that road to every road on the planet, and pray for every driver in every car or on every driving range in the world. Only then would I feel good about myself again. Oh, I know I would probably let out a big swear word that I would have to apologize for.
So, Julie, just what did you say at that moment?
What a great thought you had....and I love all the other comments tho this too.
Love you!