Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mary's first day of preschool








So Mary is now in preschool!! She was a little unsure about it at first (she actually clinged to me- can you believe that??), but it didn't take long- she loves it! There are 5 kids in her class including 2 that are deaf and one in a wheelchair. They all take her under her wing (that's a talent she has), and she wears her backback everywhere. Last week she got to wear her pj's and listen to the principal read "The Polar Express", drink hot chocolate, eat chocolate candies, and make a candy train. When we had our snow day she missed the last day of school before Christmas, and her teacher actually came all the way out here to deliver her present. She goes 4 days a week, and will be taking the bus. They even pick her up right from my house!! It's been great!


5 joe-cool comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

How fun for her. Mary is such a cutie I just want to hug her when I see her.

christa said...

that's so cute! (Luke is sitting here looking at thsi with me and he pointed to you and said, "We go to her house, huh! We go over to her house, it was fun huh!" So apparently we already came, and I just can't remember it :) Cute huh :) Maybe he just thought you looked like a fun person and assumed he'd enjoyed your company :) Funny kid, anyway)

Lyndee W. said...

I'm glad she enjoys it! It will be good for her to go to school {and you, too!}

Dawslyn Kay AND Aspen Lee said...

How cool!! How big she is getting. What an awesome mom you are! Keep up the good work! Love and miss you all!!!!!

Momma Dil said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get that all worked out! I remember how stressful that was with Neva and in just a few months we've been able to see progress. We're sending all our best to Mary!