Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Omaha Zoo

The Omaha Zoo is the 2nd or 3rd largest zoo in the country- and it's AWESOME!!! It is always a MUST when we head out there to go. And of course the kids love it. This is the Desert Dome, and they also have underneath this big ball the cave and the swamps. You could spend all day just here. Which we pretty much did. We didn't have time to go through everything else!


My son the model...
Well- how about that? The same pic twice! Sorry!
The kids were so excited- they got to help feed the warthogs.
They loved being right there where you could feel like you were swimming with the penguins.
The Aquarium is my favorite place out there. They have EVERYTHING!
The penguins are hilarious. You watch them jumping in and out, and they swim right up to you. There are tons and tons of them. You can actually watch it on their website- it's cool.
Then you go into the tunnel O Sharks... where they swim right over you and by you and everything. It's great.
Mary loved this fish. Or I guess I should say that the fish loved Mary. It just sat there watching her.

I love this pic- her reflection!!


It was SO COLD that day- windy and rainy- but still worth it!! We went out on the bridge to feed all the fish... they loved that...

This is the rainforest- it's HUGE!! And very humid- especially from being outside. All my pics are fogged up!!

I wish we would have had more time to see everything- we didn't even see half of it. But we sure had a blast!!!


1 joe-cool comments:

christa said...

WARTHOGS?!!! Man, I gotta go to that zoo!! Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm totally jealous (as usual :) jk). I can't believe how brown Mary's hair is- at least in these pictures- she looks all grown up!! way cute pictures Julie- love seeing them!!