Monday, May 19, 2008

The Desert

So this is our latest "bloom" in our front yard- I thought it was kinda pretty. I assume it is a cactus, but I have a lot to learn about the plants out here. All I know is that there are a lot of cactuses (or is it cactai?) and palm trees.



So after looking at our plant, we decided to watch the bats that fly around every night. My kids LOVE doing this, so it's a pretty common thing to sit out on our driveway at dusk and watch them. There were about 4 this time. I would love to get a pic of one of them, but they are way too small and way too fast!

So naturally, the next step would be to draw bats!


And then, of course they make dad draw any other animal they can think of. And then Ty draws it after. He's getting pretty good. Great quality family time, anyway! You gotta love the desert- although today is supposed to get up to around 110 degrees. I won't complain until July- when it's closer to 125 degrees!


7 joe-cool comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Yes...cacti! You guys always find ways to spend quality time together!

mellie said...

Oh how fun!!! Great artwork huh? Love your kids. I love your laundry story too... and that you took a picture of the peanuts! :)

XXOO
Melony

christa said...

BATS?!! How cool is that!!! I'm jealous! We're totally coming to visit! (not in July though- I'm already dying in the 86 degree weather)

Ludvigson Family said...

How funny your kids love the bats! My kids are terrified of them, especially Tyra. Great artwork!

Lace said...

...closer to 125 degrees and you're 10 months pregnant! EIsh!

#1 I love the B Russ Jersey!!!!!!! Ty and I could be twinners I still have mine! Oh, B Russ brings back memories...

Cool pictures and I'm thinking twice about ever coming to visit you and the bats! Creepy!

Tony said...

So, did all the snow you got melt already?

Momma Dil said...

Abe is totally a cactus-lover...I think he'd love it there. Speaking of which...we'll be in Vegas June 5-8. We've got lots of activities planned but it'd be fun if we could meet up and say hi.