Thursday, February 05, 2009

Wazzup?!?!

So I'm sorry I'm not blogging as much these days- just not a whole lot of excitement going on! Oh wait- I had about 30 seconds of excitement last week, so I guess I'll share that with you.

So I'm at the drive-thru of a (usually very good) fast food restaurant. The nice lady hands me my drinks in a drink holder, and I sign my card slip. So then I look over, and there is a cockroach running around in my drink holder!!!! So I immediately bolt out of my car and say, "Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap (add a few more times)," go around to the passenger side of my van, somehow get it out of my van (cuz I definitely can't leave it in there!), and kill it a couple dozen times. Now you must know that there are cockroaches in Mesquite. But right now is not cockroach season. And I do realize that with as many cockroaches that are around here, that of course they probably are at most of the eating establishments around here. But they are usually dead! And I definitely don't want to see one with my food!!!! And there usually is not just one. EW!!

Anyway- after I got done doing my "cockroach-killing dance", as it has now come to be known by, the poor lady at the window was like, "Are you okay?!?!" I said that I was, and what I killed that came on the drink holder, and told her that she probably better keep an eye out!

Needless to say when I was eating my lunch (I wanted that chicken sandwich REALLY bad), that every bite I took I was just hoping was chicken. And when I was drinking my drink I thought to myself, "That better be ice I just swallowed"!!!

Anyway- have a good week.

7 joe-cool comments:

Marcus n McKenzie said...

You're braver than me. I would have given the food and drinks back to her.

Everitt's said...

OOOH GROSS!!

Janeece said...

Oh I agree! That food would've found it's way back to the resteruant and I'd I've gotten my money back! YUCK! Let me know next time I see you so I can avoid that place at all costs!!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That story still freaks me out! I was going to thank you for the cookies the girls brought yesterday... but the thought of food just grosses me out after that story. But really, thanks!

Lyndee W. said...

Ohmigosh, Jules...seriously, yuck! I totally would've gottem my money back. Ugh...I totally just shuddered.

Michelle said...

Nice. You are sweet to help with my diet!

Shauna said...

Yikes! Well, I'm not sure I could eat after that! And i'm sure I wouldn't have said as nice of words as you either! :}