Friday, September 28, 2007

The MRI

So this is when I had to take her away from all of those really cool toys... she was really not happy. I think the whole 9 hours of not eating helped contribute to her screaming...
So this is the machine they put her in. There must have been 6 people in there all to do this procedure for Mary. First, we had to make sure we had absolutely NO METAL (they must have asked us 5 or 6 times). Then when we took her in I laid her down and held her hands (she's a little bit of a spit-fire, so a few of us had to hold her down) while they had her breath into a mask. She went from screaming bloody murder to asleep in about 15 seconds. Powerful stuff! It actually was a little scary for me.
They were done about two hours later. She was really groggy and kept trying to get up.

She really did a great job. She was really calm the rest of the day and puked a little bit, but I'm really proud of her. We should find out the results by Tuesday to see if she will need surgery or not. We love you Mary!!!

3 joe-cool comments:

christa said...

We love you Mary!!! We hope it all goes well, and she doesn't need that surgery!! Way cute pictures though! What a crazy experience for all of you- Julie you're amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know this even happened until mom came home and said that everything went well! Where have I been???? I'm soo glad everything went soo well. What a cute little girl. You must have been scared to death. I know I would be.

Lace said...

Ohhh, my cute little Mary! She's so adorable, especially in that little hospital gown!

That would be so HARD to watch! So glad she's doing fine!!! Can't wait to see you guys!