Thursday, August 27, 2009

So finally... an update...

Well here we are in good ole' Vegas!! We've been here for almost a month and seem to be settling down just fine.

Kregg's done with his training and is at his new store now. He is really enjoying it and the challenge that it brings.

We moved into an apartment that really isn't too bad. It has 2 pools with waterfalls and the kids have really enjoyed that. We don't really feel too cramped- we tried not to unpack too much. We figured an apartment would be great for us until we can really find out where we would like to be out here.

The ward is great- lots and lots of kids (It's so beautiful to hear other people's kids and not just mine going crazy in there). Kregg and I both have callings already- he's in the Elders Quorum Presidency and I'm on the Enrichment Committee. Ha ha!!! We are already making some friends, and our callings will help push that along even more we hope.

The kids are happy to be in school- the hardest thing about this move is that it's too hot to go to a park. And when you don't have any friends yet, you are kinda stuck at home. In your apartment. So they've played a lot of video games, and I've played a lot of Facebook. Ha!

I think this was a great move, and we really are liking it here. We miss Mesquite and especially all of our wonderful friends, but everything is great here. I'm excited!

8 joe-cool comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

We miss you, but I'm glad things are going well and you are getting settled in. Good luck with everything!

christa said...

I'm glad you "finally" updated!! It's fun to hear how things are going. You guys are just such an amazing family, with all your moves and crazy job changes!! I hope you can stay there a while, and make it your home soon!!! I miss our chats!! YOu need to neglect your kids more so that we can IM again ;) jk. Love ya Julie!

Meredith said...

I can't wait to come and visit you. Are you sure it's still okay if we crash with you guys? I'm sure my boys will love it! I'm glad Craig is liking his job. Do you guys get a killer discount on toys now? I can't believe Lucy is one already. It's not fair that they grow up so fast. Love you guys!

Christy Smith said...

Yay for Vegas! That's a perfect place for you party animals to be!:) I'm glad things are going so well and you're liking it there. The kids are growing so fast! They're the cutest! Thanks for letting us know you're alive and well!

Lyndee W. said...

Lyle was just saying the other day that he hasn't seen anything on your blog for awhile. I'll make sure to tell him you posted. And seriously? A pool with 2 waterfalls? Who can beat that!?

Michelle said...

Miss you. :(

the twins said...

We miss you guys across the street. There's nothing to watch out my window anymore. Tara and I are going to make a trip to Vegas really soon. Jared wants to know when he can come and see your new digs.

Jenn said...

Hey Julie,
I found you!! You have such a great family. Glad you moved into our ward. My blog is www.reeseinvegas.blogspot.com. Now I'll go see if I can find you on facebook.
Jenn Reese