Thursday, June 04, 2009

Yep- I ran a 5K...


So the last time I ran a race was probably when I was in college (At least 12 years ago). I was so excited to run one again! They had a nice little one here in Mesquite, so a bunch of us went. It was a lot of fun! My buddy Kena and I actually won out of the women. I wish I could have enjoyed it, but I don't even remember the last 1/2 mile of the race! Then I spent the next half hour trying not to puke. Good times!! If anyone knows one thing about me- it's that I'm pretty darn competitive. It's a gift and a curse.

Me and my bud Kena.

I'm pretty sure this is about the part that I lost all feeling in my body, and my brain shut down.

Kregg is so great! Him and the kids came to watch me run!!
Can't wait for the next one!!

3 joe-cool comments:

Janeece said...

That is so awesome Julie! I am getting ready to run in St.George at midnight! Fun fun!

Lyndee W. said...

That first pic? Great one to see first!

Meredith said...

Way to go Jules! I am hoping that I will be able to get back into running shape after this baby comes. Then maybe you and I could do a race together. That would be awesome!